Tech Stars — Startup Weekend
Who is Techstars?
Techstars helps entrepreneurs succeed. Through the Techstars Worldwide Entrepreneur Network, founders and their teams connect with other entrepreneurs, experts, mentors, alumni, investors, community leaders, and corporate partners who will help their companies grow. Techstars operates four divisions: Techstars Startup Programs, Techstars Mentorship-Driven Accelerator Programs, Techstars Corporate Innovation Partnerships, and the Techstars Venture Capital Fund. Techstars Mentorship-Driven Accelerator Program supercharges success and Techstars Startup Programs inspire, educate and connect entrepreneurs. Techstars Venture Capital Fund invests in the most innovative and disruptive Techstars companies to fuel their success. Techstars Corporate Innovation Partnerships helps brands create world-changing products and services. Techstars accelerator portfolio includes more than 1,000 companies with a market cap of $8.1 billion.
SPARCS— Women in IT
Who is SPARCS?
SPARCS … a youth technology development program for female high school students in Minnesota
SPARCS is designed to help students:
- increase awareness and understanding of information technology (IT) career opportunities
- explore different types of technology tools and applications and build technology skills
- be supported by women technology professionals
- build relationships with other young women who have similar and diverse technology interests
- consider higher education options and prepare for college entrance
- become aware of special program offerings provided by SPARCS partners including access to potential college scholarships, internships and college job opportunities in the tech field